Subhagata Singha aka Rivu is a music composer / producer, guitarist & educator from Kolkata India.
• His debut album THE INCREDIBLE JOURNEY OF LIGHT was called one of top 10 indie releases of 2017 in The Hindu. The paper said "there is a space-themed, vocoder-employing collection of songs that is as much about guitar wizardry as it is about synth wizardry, ambient layers and prog riffs. Singha finds a balance between all this to create a regal, half-orchestral sound that is about as epic as it gets."
• He has played with several bands. His live musical collaborations include various artists such as The Monkey In Me, Neel Adhikari, Neel & The Lightbulbs, Nischay Parekh, Varun Kishore, A History Of Clouds, Paloma & Adil, Jivraj Singh, Crayon Joint, Super Nirma, Unknown Artiste, Charon, Funk Central, Sixth Veda.
• He has worked as a music programmer and co-producer for various Bengali films and TV shows including Borbaad, Yoddha, Khawto, Prakton, Jomer Raja Dilo Bor, Goenda Ginni, Mahanayak.
• The advertisement jingles he's worked on includes work for brands like Brittannia, Spykar Jeans, Asus, Senco Gold and Diamond Jewellery, MTR, Big Basket, Tata Motors, Loyalie, MKCL
• He has worked as a Music Director and Choir Conductor for various school musicals in Kolkata including La Martiniere Schools ('Wicked'), St James School ('Smike' & Pink Floyd's 'The Wall'), South Point ('Pihsdneirf'), Akshar ('Alice In Wonderland'), Birla High School ('The King & I'), St John's Diocesan ('The Sound Of Music'), Mahadevi Birla World Academy ('The Lion King')
• His versatility working with music and sound design has not only given him experience playing in live bands, creating sound for films, serials, ads, and musicals for schools, but has also seen him work with theatre groups such as, The Red Curtain, Paper Faces ('Sweeney Todd'), Ranan (including their internationally touring show 'Shunya Se' and their tenth anniversary production 'Ten' where he composed a piece on the '10 Avatars of Vishnu'), and various independent productions such as 'Main Lover' and 'Exit'.
• With ThinkArts he devised and created an interactive music room as part of an immersive sensory installation for children called Elements. The room was designed by him using Arduino, lasers, infrared motion sensors, ultrasonic distance sensors, various kinds of microphones, and music software (Ableton and Cubase). The installation arose out of work developed between a group of artists from diverse fields, from puppetry to clay molding.